Saturday 1 June 2013

Spicy quinoa and veggie stir fry

A quick an easy lunch I had today.  Wash and cut up some veggies.  Today I used a few handfuls of kale, half an onion, half a red pepper, and half a zucchini.
Heat a cast iron pan and put in about a tbsp of organic extra virgin coconut oil, or other high heat oil of choice.  Throw veggies in pan and fry on medium high.  When veggies start to soften (5 to 10 minutes, depending how you like them), throw in a half cup or so of cooked quinoa (I like to have leftover quinoa in the fridge!).  Add a tsp of minced garlic, one twist of sea salt, two twists of pepper and a couple tbsp of Franks Red Hot Sauce. Transfer to a bowl.  I topped this with some chia seeds and some spicy roasted pumpkin seeds.  Any nuts or seeds would make good toppings.  I meant to add some pineapple today too, but forgot.  Will have to try that another time.  A quick, yummy, and nutritious lunch!





No comments:

Post a Comment