Monday 3 June 2013

Granola bars - attempt #1

I have wanted to make my own granola bars for a while and finally made my first batch.  I looked at a few recipes online, but didn't follow one really, decided to just try my on and then tweak from here.
Attempt #1:
Spread 2 cups of rolled oats (I used gluten-free certified) onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle with a couple tsp of cinnamon.  Bake at 300 for 5 minutes.

In a sauce pan, warm on low: 1 cup of roasted almond butter, 1 tbsp of pumpkin seed butter, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil.  

In a large bowl combine the oats, the wet ingredients and mix in 2 cups Natursource voyageur ultra trail mix.  I just bought this at Costco, which inspired me to make these!


Scoop and press mixture into a dish lined with parchment paper.  I used a glass container that has a lid.

Put in the fridge and leave overnight.  Cut into bars.  Enjoy!


Notes:  I think next time I would use a half cup more oats or decrease the amount of almond butter and liquid sweeteners to improve he texture.  Thar being said, for a first attempt, they are delicious!  Would like to try adding protein powder and chia seeds, which I just forgot this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment