Thursday 6 June 2013

Homeade Larabar : Chocolate chip cookie dough

Made these VERY easy and delicious homeade version of a Larabar today.  I found a simple recipe online that I adapted slightly with what I had.  Check out http:/rawified.blogspot.ca/2012/05/raw-larabars.htmlIt for some more great Larabar recipes!

I decided to half the recipe to try it out.  It only took 3 ingredients and a couple minutes to make them:


I used a half cup raw organic cashew pieces, half cup organic medjool dates, few handfuls of diary free chocolate chunks (because that's all I had left).  I put the nuts and dates in my mini-chopper, or you could use a food processor, and process until you get a dough like consistency, which takes a few minutes.  Add chocolate and continue until it is combined into the dough.  Form the dough into balls, or bars if you like, or just start eating!  It's that easy!  I decided to make little balls instead of bars, for portion control.  That way I can have one for a quick snack, or a couple.



Store in a container to enjoy anytime!!  Yum!


Update:  I found these a bit dry right out of the fridge, but I popped one in the microwave for 20 seconds and it tasted like a freshly baked cookie - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment