Sunday 7 July 2013

Chia seed 'pudding' - gluten/dairy-free!

This easy and delicious snack is another easy way to add Chia into your life!  

Pour a small glass of unsweetened Almond Milk, I use Silk.  Add 3 tbsp of Chia seeds and stir.  Stir occasionally (so it doesn't get clumpy) for about 20 minutes or longer, until you get your desired consistency.  The longer you leave it, the more 'pudding' like it will become, as the Chia seeds absorb the liquid.  I added less than a tbsp of maple syrup and stirred it in just before eating and found it a refreshing treat.  I liked the texture and taste, which was quite bland, but it may not be for everyone.  It's  healthy treat and I found it gave me a little energy too!  I am going to try adding in some fresh or frozen fruit next time too, maybe even blending it up in the food processor for a smoother finish.  It would be good for breakfast, snack, or sweetened/flavoured a bit more for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment