Friday 11 October 2013

Chocolate almond butter cups (vegan and sugar-free)

This morning I just needed a special treat alongside my double espresso.  I needed some chocolate.  I'm sugar, so even dairy-free chocolate is a no go for me.  So I made a quick easy version of this recipe I found online: http://www.sunwarrior.com/news/vegan-chocolate-peanut-butter-cups-naturally/


Ingredients:
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of coconut butter
3-4 tbsp of cocoa powder (the real good, raw, organic stuff!)
stevia to taste (I used a small sprinkle of powdered stuff - optional - or use sweetener of choice)
1-2 tbsp of almond butter (or nut butter of choice)

Melt coconut oil and coconut butter just enough to mix (I just used the microwave for this).  Add in cocoa powder and stevia and stir until smooth.  Pour half the mixture into an individual silicone muffin holder, or into a muffin tin.  Put in the freezer a couple minutes until set.  Spoon in some almond butter and cover with chocolate.  Put back in the freezer at least 5-10 minutes, until set.  This recipe made about 2 regular muffin holders, depends how much you put in each layer.  Pop out of the muffin tin and enjoy!  Or cut off a small piece and save the rest for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment