Friday 11 October 2013

Grain-free homemade chicken fingers

There's something about chicken fingers that is still so appealing, even if I'm not a kid anymore.  I miss the convenience of being able to pour them out of a box and cook them, but store box chicken fingers don't appeal to me or work for me for many reasons.  It's really not that hard to make your own and they are so much better that way.  I am not eating most grains at the moment, but it was so easy to sub in coconut flour and almond flour to make my own version of homemade chicken fingers, and they were delicious!! 

Preheat oven (your choice on temperature and timing - depends on chicken strip size).  Slice thawed chicken breast into strips.  Crack egg and whisk in a bowl.  Mix a couple tbsp of coconut flour and almond flour in a bowl.  Dip chicken in egg and then roll in flour mixture.  Place on parchment lined pan.  Sprinkle with salt and/or seasoning of choice.  Spray lightly with a safe cooking oil and place in oven.  Flip half way.  Take out and enjoy or dip in your favourite sauce.  Yum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment