Thursday 10 October 2013

Pumpkin Spice Chia Seed Pudding (sugar-free!)

I was craving another pumpkin flavoured treat this afternoon, so this is what I came up with...


Ingredients:
1 tbsp Coconut butter
2 tbsp Pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (more if you like!)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (again, more if you like!)
dash of stevia (to taste, optional)
3 tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 - 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I started with 1/2 cup, but I increased to a cup, because I wanted it a bit thinner in texture)

In a mug, heat the coconut butter just enough to soften (20 seconds in the microwave).  Stir in pumpkin and try to get it nice and smooth.  Add spices and stevia.  Pour milk over and stir until completely mixed in.  Stir in Chia seeds.  Place in the fridge for at least 15-20 minutes.  Stir again after the first 5-10 minutes to prevent clumping.  You can leave this for a couple days in the fridge if you put it in a sealed container... but I never have because I always want to eat it right away!  Enjoy!

After I created this, I found similar recipes online, but I really like the added coconut butter, because it adds to the thicker texture and to the sweetness, without adding any traditional sweeteners (honey, maple syrup, agave, etc.).

I don't have a picture because I forgot to take one before I gobbled it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment